When I first started my blog in 2015, I was a freshman in college. I had really taken a liking to makeup and watched all the OG makeup artists on Youtube. I would show up to my 8 am class with glitter eyeliner and decked out head to toe. I put thought into coordinating my makeup with my outfits. Fast forward seven years, I now longer show up anywhere with glitter eyeliner and my makeup has become more minimal.
These are the products that I use every day. I have a routine now that I have been doing for the past four years with my holy grail products. I have become interested in enhancing my features with simple makeup rather than super dramatic looks. With a simple look like this, I can easily take it from day to night by adding either a bolder winged eyeliner or a statement lip, but the base is always the same.
- I always start with a moisturizer and SPF. My go-to for years is Olay Complete Daily Moisterizer and I recently added this SPF to my routine. Once I started using the SPF, I saw a massive difference in my skin. My skin looks so healthy, soft, and dewy. It wears perfectly under makeup as a base, plus it was a recommendation from my best friend, Mara!
- I did not wear foundation for a long time but I have to say this IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream is the way to go for natural skin that is enhanced. It wears beautifully and has some skincare benefits, which is always a plus. I wear the shade Light.
- For concealer, I use either Sephora Bright Future Gel Concealer or Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Wear Camouflage. The Lancome will last you forever so it is worth the price and the coverage is amazing. It helps to hide my undereye dark circles. If I am not using the CC+ cream, I will use this concealer under my eyes and other spots. I apply using the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge.
- I set my face with Airspun Loose Face Powder.
- I bronze with Benefit Hoola Bronzer and add color to my cheeks with Mac Mineralize Blush in the shade Love Thing, and highlight with Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in Highlight 01.
- For brows, I just brush through and use NYX brow gel.
- I do a simple eyeliner and smudge the edges out using L’Oreal eyeliner.
- My favorite mascara is L’Oreal Voluminous.
- For lips, I always use Palmers Swivel Stick and Westman Atelier Squeaky Clean Liquid Lip Balm in the shade Nana.
Shop This Post