As I was planning content for the blog, I realized that in my four years of blogging I had never shared facts about myself. It wasn’t that I did not want to, but more of I was not yet comfortable with sharing personal details about me.
Now that I have blogging more or less under my belt, I now know that a huge part of it includes sharing more life experiences with my community. The nice part of having my own site is that I have the right to not share aspects of my life too! For 2019 one of my goals is to be more open and honest about how I feel. Best believe that I have horrible days, lazy days, sad days, really fun days, etc. just like you. When you visit The Girl From Connecticut site I really hope that you’ll have a more meaningful experience.
Some facts about me (Jada, the creator of The Girl From Connecticut):
- I am really tall… 6’0″ to be exact.
- I have three brothers.
- When I was in high school I was MVP for varsity volleyball three years in a row.
- I graduated from Quinnipiac University with a degree in Biology. This one always comes as a surprise because the first thing people usually think is fashion. I guess I like the keep everyone guessing 😉
- I have always loved cars. As you can see from the image above little me pretending to drive. Oh, I was obsessed with the idea of driving and when I turned 16 it was the most exciting day of my life. My dad let me drive for two hours straight from the DMV!
- My favorite car make is Aston Martin! My face lights up when I see one. Definitely, my goal to own one. I love both the classic and the new modern designs.
- My guilty pleasure show is the Bachelor/ Bachelorette series. My current favorite show is This Is Us.
- I am not as good at singing, dancing, or drawing as I wish.
- I used to play the violin and piano… Unfortunately, once you don’t practice it’s hard to keep it up.
- I did an exchange program in Spain. It was such an amazing time and I would love to visit Spain again.
- I always wanted to become a pediatrician.
- I am very patient… sometimes a little too patient.
- I have a fear of flying.
- I have a fear of heights… pretty ironic for someone so tall.
- My hair is naturally curly.
- I am a first-generation American.
- My favorite animals are dolphins, penguins, and dogs.
- I think Joanna and Chip Gaines are #couplegoals #familygoals #businessgoals
- I can eat Thai food every day.
- I am relatively frugal and good at saving, but I do enjoy a splurge purchase.
- I was a vegetarian for two years. I loved it but realized I can’t live without chicken nuggets.
- I do not like to run but I will if it required saving my life.
- I am an easy scare. My roommate junior year got me good. Thanks, Jayline! I will never forget.
- Being an easy scare also means I refuse to watch any scary, gory, or even suspense shows or movies. I like to keep it funny and romantic.
- I used to be a night owl and then as I got older something just switched. I am pretty much in bed by 10:30 every night.
- I just learned how to knit! That means scarves for everyone next Christmas 🙂
- My favorite color is blue.
- I love Sour Patch Kids.
- Target is my weakness. I try to avoid it like the plague.
- My blog used to be more about beauty before I started to incorporate fashion and lifestyle.
I hope you enjoyed reading thirty fun facts about me! I would love to know more about you too so please feel free to leave your facts in the comments!