Happy New Year! As 2019 begins, I can already feel a sense of excitement for all the new experiences (whether they are good or bad), the new memories, the continuing growth in friendships and the new ones that will be made, and most of all the new challenges that will be faced.
This past year has been filled with all sorts of emotions from the good days to the bad, the accomplished goals to failed attempts and so much more. 2018 was a year of exploring who I am and what I want- and for that I am very grateful. I feel honored to be entering another year working on a platform that I am beyond passionate for.
I want to highlight some of the best/ worst moments and what I was grateful for in 2018:
- I graduated college: This is currently the biggest accomplishment of my life! As a kid I always daydreamed about the moment that I attend college, and when I was in college I daydreamed about the time when I will walk to receive the degree that I worked so hard for. I loved my time in school! I met the most smart, kind, funny, and supportive people during college. All I know is that because I got through Organic Chemistry, I can probably get through anything :).
- I watched my Mom graduate college: Mothers deserve the world, and especially my Mom. I have seen her sacrifice her education over the years so that she can raise my brothers and I as well as help grow the family business. I am so proud of how hard she worked and most of all how resilient she is. She is truly an example of how far ambition and positive-thinking will get you!
- Health: Living a healthy life is something that many of us take for granted…even me. But, then as a year goes by and I remember that I was only sick twice, hardly saw the doctor if even, and none of my immediate family members passed- then I would say that was a year to not take for granted. Health does not just mean physically healthy but also mentally healthy. Everyone has the good and the bad days, but really its how you react to the bad ones that can have a consequence. I am praying also for good health for all of you as we start the new year!
- I read a lot: By a lot I mean more that I have probably ever read in my life. I finished 22 books! I set a goal to read more and I am proud that I was able to stick with it. I am definitely going to be continuing the goal of reading more into 2019.
- Ate a lot of Thai food: Naturally, because it is my favorite.
- Got into my first accident: I was rear-ended back in June while stopped at a red light. It felt worse than it turned out to be and no one was injured which was the best part (if there is one in an accident).
Finally, I also want to say thank you for supporting The Girl From Connecticut. I love being able to share my love for style, reading, eating, and so much more in hope that it is something that will also bring you some joy! I am looking forward to creating more content and another 365 days of style!
Happy New Year!