When it comes to summer, the first place that I think to go is the beach. It is the ultimate summer relaxation spot whether you are in Miami, at the beach in Positano, or even a local one near home.
My favorite time to go to the beach is in the evening when the sun is setting. Although you won’t necessarily get a tan, it is the best time to sit relax, read a book, enjoy dinner, and enjoy the sunset. To me the temperature is just right! I go to the beach during the day too, however, I can’t stay long because I end up feeling hot, miserable and tired the next day from being in the sun.
Here’s what I like when I go to the beach:
What I Wear
When it comes to beach wear, I have no coverups. I always end up going in a casual look wearing jean shorts and a tank or tee. My all time favorite beach shorts are those Levi shorts. They are perfect for beach/ vacation and they are a little high waisted which looks perfect with my white tank from H&M.
A beach hat is a must! I have always wanted one and I noticed how expensive some of them can be. One day I was casually browsing in T.J. Maxx when I saw this hat and without hesitation bought it for $13! I highly recommend checking T.J. Maxx or Marshalls before splurging on a beach hat!
What I Bring
- Cherries/ grapes
- Veggie burger or turkey burger
- A good read: Some of my favorite beach reads include:
- Girl Boss by Sophia Amoruso
- Capture Your Style by Aimee Song
- Confessions of a Shopaholic series by Sophia Kinsella
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett
- Sunscreen and chapstick
- Deodorant (a serious must)
- Hair brush (obsessed with this one)
- Beach Towel
- A change of clothes (you never know if you will feel like going somewhere after)
What are some of your favorite things bring or to do while at the beach?
Shop My Look