As the new year is upon us, I really wanted to take time to share with you some goals and things that I look forward to accomplishing this year.
As I reflect on this past year, I have realized that I spent a lot of days in self pity or itching for more out of life than really cherishing those days that I’ll never get back. This past year I have also learnt what it feels like to work really hard and not “weep the benefits.” But, through the mist of all the trials of this past year, I still have to smile because it is a new day (and new year!). I am ever so slowly learning to not sweat the small things and be grateful for the many blessings that I have.
When I started this blog almost two years ago in my dorm as a freshman, I had no idea what this “hobby” or love of fashion could lead too. This past year I felt so passionate and strongly about my love and dedication to this blog (I am sure some people got tired of hearing about it #sorrynotsorry). I am so grateful for all of my readers who take time to visit my blog and engage by commenting! You seriously have no idea how happy it makes me!
I have learned that resolutions are useless for me. Last year one of my resolutions was to be less sassy… to say the least that probably only lasted about 24 hours. This year, I want to do something different, I want to set goals for myself and work hard to see if I can accomplish them.
- Travel somewhere other than in the U.S. or Canada.
- Be consistent with YouTube.
- Work on self happiness.
- Be more organized.
- Read more.
- Learn how to make Mango Sticky Rice (I am obsessed with Thai food- this Thai dessert is so amazing).
- Be more confident wearing heels (when six feet, sometimes it is not the most comfortable to tower over people even more all day).
- Be able to purchase my first designer bag. I have my eye on this one.
- Cherish the moments that matter most.
- Try not to sweat the small stuff.
- Try to be a morning person (Well this might be a tough one)
- Laugh more 🙂
- Wear more lipstick.
- Compete with myself to make me the best I can be.
- Save money!!
- Do what I am really passionate about.
I hope that you will have a wonderful New years day! What are some goals or resolutions that you may have! I would love to know… Maybe somethings that I need to add to my checklist.