Every time I go into NYC, I am reminded why I love it so much. I love the hustle and how fast paced it is. I love the uniqueness and the diversity of the people, the energy, food, stores, and fashion. I really hope that at some point in my life I will be able to live there for a few years. Over the years I have been able to compile a list of places that I really enjoy going to and places I really like to see when I have the chance to visit. I am the type of person that orders the same meal when I go the restaurants that I love, will go to the same places and see the same things that I love and to me it doesn’t get old. I will always be amazed by the same things in NYC because sometimes you might find something new in old places.
A week or so ago, I went into the city so I decided to share some of the photos with you.
- Rockefeller Center Cafe
- Fred’s at Barney’s (Madison Ave.)
- The Food Court in the Plaza Hotel
- Beechers (Delicious mac and cheese)
- Delicatessen (Amazing baked mac and cheese)
- Macaroon Cafe (Yummy breakfast and of course Macaroons)
- Chop’t (Perfect if you love salad)
There are so many restaurants in NYC, I am sure I have been to many more but they have slipped my mind. What are some of your favorite restaurants to go to?
My dream is to go to The Polo Bar which is Ralph Lauren’s restaurant!
The Metropolitan Museum of Art
There are many reasons why I love going toThe Met. I love that you can go in for free if you’d like. They take donations big or small and you have the ability to spend all day there. This is one of the places that I have been to many times but have gained a new perspective and appreciation for art. For this summer there is this amazing exhibit call Manus x Machina where they showcase beautiful designer dresses that incorporate technology. It will be open until August 14. I know that I will try to go see it again before it is no longer there. I hope that you have the opportunity to go as well. If not… here are some sneak peak pics that I took.
Places to See and Things to do
This city is so full of life that you can easily be entertained. The best way to be able to explore and get to know this city is by walking, so definitely leave heels or any uncomfortable but cute shoes at home.
- Explore central park
- Visit Rockefeller center during Christmas season to see the tree and go ice skating.
- See a Broadway Show
- Visit the Public Library
- Visit Ground Zero (911 memorial)
- See the Statue of Liberty and visit Ellis Island (Will need to take the ferry)
- Walk along the Brooklyn Bridge (It is also great for morning runs and blog pics)
- Go the the top of the Empire State building
- Visit China town and Little Italy
- Go to the Upper East side (Gossip Girl anyone?)
- Go to a Yankees game
- See Times Square
- Go to the MOMA
- Walk along the Highline
There is so much to do that if I continued to list this would be a long and tedious post to read.
Shop My City Look
- Cool Mess– Why not make your own ice cream?? This place is perfect for families and entertaining children, it allows them to be more hands on by pouring in the milk and adding the toppings. The ice cream tasted so good and fresh.
- Dylan’s Candy Bar– This place is candy heaven. Even if you don’t enjoy sweets, you should go just to see how much candy there is.
- Serendipity – I am sure they have great stuff on their menu, but I go for one thing… the Frozen Hot Chocolate. OMG it is sooooo good that I am dreaming about it right now. It is almost like a milk shake but not, you have to trust me and just try it. Also their portions are sharable.
I wish I have more places to recommend for sweets but I sadly don’t. I am not much of a dessert person so I generally don’t explore really great places for sweets.
I hope that these places to go will be helpful and on your list when you visit NYC.